Girl Tribe Recommends: 12 Days of Wellness
By Haley Brettschneider and Reese Wolfe
Once the holidays are done, people are filled with “post-holiday stress.” As a way to combat, try doing the 12 Days of Wellness Challenge! Below, try following the daily challenges given. These challenges all fall under four categories: Fitness, Well-Being, Nutrition, and Community.
- Walk a flight of stairs two times a day.
- 20 minute walk during your lunch break.
- Do a fitness class at a gym center nearby.
- Stretch two times a day while you’re at your desk.
- Move around once an hour from your workplace.
- Do yoga for 20-40 minutes.
- 30+ minutes of cardio exercise.
- Eat two pieces of fruit during the workday.
- Have your lunch contain protein, whole grains, and a fruit/vegetable.
- Eat a healthy snack (granola bars/trail mix) before and after noon.
- Drink a glass more of water than you usually do during school.
- Make a healthy treat and give to your family/friends
- Double your vegetable servings
- Resist eating any sweets/desserts for 24 hours.
- Practice deep breathing for one minute twice a day.
- Close your computer screen during a break and rest your eyes.
- Take a break and look outside your window.
- Eat lunch away from where you work.
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier than usual
- Write down something your grateful for before going to bed.
- Take time to call someone you miss or need to thank.
- Make your friend a surprise snack.
- Donate to care centers.
- Donate food to the local food bank.
- Give thanks to a teacher, family member, and/or a friend.
- Clean or organize your house or shared spaces at school.
- Check in on people you haven’t talked to in a while.
- Send a letter to the family that lives far away/give them a call.